Sunday, December 15, 2013

Courage

What is Courage?

Courage is to wake up each day and move on. Move on and do the same things again that did not work the first or second time. To start believing once again it will work.

I particularly recall the story of Suleikha Jauoud a 22 year old whose life was affected by cancer. That did not prevent her from achieving what she dreamed of doing. She says in her columns that she always dreamed of being a journalist, traveling places and finding stories. But here she was 22 year with leukemia and cancer. I bet if I was in her position all I would do is moan and cry. But Suleikha, started to blog about her experiences as a young adult with cancer. She soon started to write about her experiences in the New York Times in a column called Life, Interrupted. She still does. Just this month, her video series Life Interrupted was nominated for the Emmy Awards 2013 and it also won.

WOW, is all I could say thinking about her story. It is nice to just read about someone like Suleikha and think they got luck.

Today is Hallowen, I vow that today is the last day when I shall be afraid, I will move ahead into the future living one day at a time and giving my best each day. It makes a 'Big' difference to wake up, give your best at work and personally and be confident. The past few  weeks have been dull, I have lacked confidence in myself. I have to get back to who I used to be.